Salary: £20,000 per annum
Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm, 4:30 finish on Fridays
Step by Step School has an exciting opportunity for Tutors, looking to start work in July or September 2022.
Step by Step is a small independent day school for pupils with autism. We provide specialised teaching for Primary, Secondary and Sixth Form pupils, aged 4 to 19, who have a diagnosis on the autism spectrum.
Reporting to the Class Leader and Teacher in Charge, our Tutor will be responsible for the pupils assigned to them on a daily basis. A full job description is available, but in summary, the successful candidate will:
- Conduct individual teaching sessions
- Participate and help to instruct pupils within extra-curricular activities during the school day.
- Supervise indoor/outdoor playtime and lunch for all pupils, on a rota basis.
- Contribute to the production, organisation and maintenance of appropriate curricular and teaching materials.
- Provide personal care when required (e.g. toileting, nappy changing and feeding) for pupils within the school.
- Be part of a classroom team providing behaviourally based instruction to children with autism and related communication disorders
Each pupil has an Individual Behaviour Plan which identifies his/her behaviours being targeted and strategies for dealing with these. Staff will be required to read and follow such plans in order to be successful in the role.
Our ideal candidate will have experience in the care and/or education of children or transferable skills, as well as a basic understanding of child development.
It would also be desirable if you have experience of working with people with a range of special needs, particularly in an educational setting, as well as other qualifications/knowledge to support school and SEND setting, First Aid, Picture Exchange Communication (PECS), as well as positive behaviour management (Team Teach).
If you feel this is the role for you, contact Clare Eastwood to begin the application process, email@example.com.
Step by Step school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
What it is like to work at Step by Step School
All position are subject to references and an Enhanced DBS certificate.
If you are successfully shortlisted for an interview you will be required to complete a Criminal Record Declaration form that will be sent to you via our HR department. For further information and to view a list of specified offences or for more information please visit http://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dbs-list-of-offences-that-will-never-be-filtered-from-a-criminal-record-check