Admission to the School
Admissions to Step by Step are made through the Special Educational Needs department of each child’s Local Authority. We would encourage all families that are interested in a placement at Step By Step to visit the school and look at the provision we offer, once we have agreed that we would be able to meet your child’s needs. We work in partnership with our families and are able to explain in more detail what and how we teach when you visit.
The school hosts tours for prospective parents on selected dates throughout the year. Please see our Information page for current dates.
To read our admissions policy, click here.
Requirements for admissions are:
- A primary diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- An Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
- An agreement from the Local Authority or another source to fund the placement.
- Appropriate age, skills and behaviour profile to fill the available place.
- Parents are required to be in agreement with the Applied Behaviour Analysis approach and be willing to work co-operatively with the school.
For admissions enquiries please click here.
Download the Family History Questionnaire PDF.